Monday, November 05, 2007

byebye glasses. horray?

Recently I have been rather slow in updates mainly because too many things occurring at the same time. I think most of my friends know about my lasik surgery and the complications that I am facing now. To many others, I might seems fine but I just can’t stand sunlight or anything that’s flashing into my eye. The glare is great and it hurts. I wouldn’t know how others really feel after their lasik, even after forum readings, everything seems to be perfect until I went on hands on my very own eyes.

I totally regretted my decision and I am upset about it because that’s the only pair of eyes I have, and I have to destroy it. I don’t know how comfortable others are… perhaps it’s really time to share.

Everyone said that it’s a painless process but no one ever mention that it was a painless procedure. The room is cold because the machine needs cooling. They apply some med around my eye, drip some drop into my eye. It felt numb. I went into the surgery room, I was asked to rest on the bed and then they put on some shield on left eye. I have 3 surgery lights shining right on my eyes and the best part of it is that they ask you to open your eyes. The med that they drip onto my eye, it makes my eye sensitive to glare. They put a calliper on my eye so that I can’t close my eye, so now I am force to look into the lights.

They operated on my right eye. It felt nothing when the machine cut open the flip, transparent and soft, it looks like contact lens. After that, they ask me to look for the red light which is at the centre of 3 surgery lights and do not move my eye ball. Even tho there was no pain but the glare is killing me, I couldn’t help it but tear so much. The laser start shooting, it last for about 20secs and it gives out a burning smell. At that moment, I regret so much doing it. After closing the flip and put on a shield for me, they went to my left eye. Everything was very much alike just that I felt the machine cutting my eye ball. It was scary, I raise my voice saying it’s a little painful, they told me it was alright.

Everything was done within 15mins, I sat on a chair, and the doctor was using some sort of telescope to look into my eye. He saw a very small eyelash inside the flip on my left eye, then I have to lay down and he reopen the flip and clean it.

I couldn’t open my eyes because of the glares, mk drove me home. I try to sleep but my eyes are so acidic. They keep tearing non stop…it was horrible. At night, I could open my eyes but with my sunglasses. I couldn’t do anything another then sleeping, chatting on my phone and listen to radio. That’s when I realise how impt are my eyes, I took them for granted.

Complications arise after a week. Dry eyes affecting my vision and I need to be on vitamins C and fish oil dose every morning. Its truly terrible. Its 3 mths now, my left eye have some power left. I hope I really don’t need an enhancement. I am still sensitive to sunlight and some strong lights. My eye didn’t feel like my old eye ball anymore….I hope for fast recovery. I really regretted this…

Comments:
sorry to learn that.

Hope ur eyes get well soon.

>i/
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]